If you are interested, in the slightest, in my daily travails and triumphs, you should sign up for my daily email post – automatically created via Google’s Feedburner. In this email, you’ll see my most recent ten photographs, and I will do my best to give you a few interesting articles to read every day. Ideally, you’ll see portions of 9 or 101 articles, plus a sampling of my photographs of the day.
If my work day allows it, there might also be a few blog posts as well included in the email – which are usually longer entries, but to be honest, I don’t seem to have the stamina to create blog posts each and every day any more. Basically, the email will contain items that will never appear on the blog itself – mostly because I’m a lazy fr*ck.
As far as what kind of content you’ll receive in the email, I’d guess the mix of topics to roughly be:
- 40% national US politics
- 5% Chicago politics
- 5% local politics somewhere else like Texas or California, or somewhere I have an interest (Baltimore, Oregon, San Francisco, New York City, Guam, Austin, Yurtistan, yadda yadda). Yeah, I read a lot. I do. Every day, usually.
- 10% music and music history – jazz, blues, rock, Bob Dylan, whatever.
- 10% film and film history – I am a film school drop-out after all
- 10% Apple related – I’ve been a Mac user since before it was cool
- 10% humor, or what I find funny
- 10% weird and unusual stories from the old, weird America and the old, weird world…
Truthfully, the email is a simple communication tool, and you should go ahead and sign up. Even if you don’t get around to reading every single one, you’ll still find items of interest when you do read the email. Plus, the email is free…
What do you have to lose?Footnotes:
- the Feedburner limit [↩]