I’ve been laughing at this for hours. Some stupid Republicans, with their lack of clear thinking, cost themselves a spot on a Republican central committee. Apparently, jumping parties in a primary is actually illegal in Ohio, but its one of those laws that are difficult to prosecute.
Remember way back in 2008, during the big primary, when Rush Limbaugh was telling Republican voters in Ohio and Texas to switch to a Democratic registration just so they could vote for Hillary and screw up the primary? People listened and obeyed, and now it looks like it could be coming back to haunt them:
Victoria Robertson has been an avowed Republican for decades, working tirelessly for conservative candidates and causes.
That is until a typo by a pollworker changed her party affiliation, elections officials say. Now she can’t even run for re-election to the GOP central committee.
“You’re a Democrat as we speak until the primary, and that cannot be changed until you get the right box checked,” Butler County Board of Elections Chairman Tom Ellis told her at a board meeting Wednesday, Feb. 24 — the deadline to certify the May primary ballot.
…Robertson was one of seven candidates for Republican central committee who were disqualified for pulling Democratic ballots in the 2008 primary. She was the only one to contest it, officials said.
Now let me pretend I am a lawyer making some closing arguments. In these closing arguments I want to present all the facts again. Here they are in nice bullet point form:
- Butler County, Ohio has a population of 332,000
- Butler County is a very red county, voting for McCain over Obama in 2008 by 61%-38%
- In 2008 Butler County made national attention when people proudly proclaimed their obedience to Rush stating that they did exactly what he asked for.
- In 2010, the next election cycle, 7 Republicans have been disqualified from running for voting Democratic in the 2008 primary
- In 2010 0 Democrats have had this problem.
Coincidence? Sure, it could be, and unicorns could also roam the earth.
[Click to continue reading This Is What Happens When You Listen To Limbaugh | Crooks and Liars]
As Nelson Muntz might say, Ha! Ha!