I wish I could source this cocktail, find it mentioned somewhere in one of my many bartending books, or on a recipe site. On the social media site, Mastodon, I follow the hashtag, cocktails, and about 2-3 months ago, someone posted this recipe. I’ve since made1 several, they are just so damn deliciously refreshing!
- Lime – half a freshly sliced lime, juice squeezed
- Orange Bitters – 2 dashes of bitters – I haven’t decided whether Fee Brothers West Indian Orange Bitters or Angostura Orange bitters is best. I grab whichever I see first.
- Rum – Dark rum, such as Plantation Rum – 2 oz
- Pineapple juice – 1 oz – I suggest RW Knudsen Family’s organic Just Pineapple.
Mix ingredients over ice, and either serve in a coupe glass, as shown above, or on the rocks, which is what I usually do.
The worst part about this cocktail is after you’ve had one, you’ll want another right away. Might as well use the other half of your lime, right?
So what should the name of this cocktail be? Or do you know what it is called?
- and consumed joyfully!! [↩]