There is a limit of Feedburner that it will only post the last ten entries into the daily blog email – for Flickr photos, if I’ve had a busy photographic day, or for blog posts – and yesterday turned out to be an epic sitting-in-front-of-the-computer day2, so I posted more than ten entries to Delicious.
Here are a few tidbits that got omitted:
- “And Fake Steve is dead, but the self-important drama queen lives on.” http://t.co/Ij7fiPb4
- “Special Service Areas are local tax districts that fund expanded services & programs through localized property tax” http://t.co/aHJptHgS
- “iPhone 5 Wi-Fi Problems Fixed By Manual DNS Settings” http://t.co/co6IWYCc
- New Tracking Frontier: Your License Plates http://t.co/mEqTRK2l
- “Obama Orders Chinese Company to End Investment at Sites Near Drone Base” http://t.co/zgOWdrP8
- “Romney vows to take on Lyme disease ‘epidemic’” http://t.co/T7dJsaQO Uhh, ok?
- Histoire de Melody Nelson: Serge Gainsbourg’s psychedelic orchestral rock opera http://t.co/u6Y4T8zd
- Paul Ryan “referred to rape as a “method of conception.” http://t.co/fP4AjEFt
- “The Satchmo Cocktail: A Sazerac… With A Twist” http://t.co/CCSvBeY5
- “How many times have you said, “if only we had a president who made Lyme Disease his number one priority?”” http://t.co/r8FSjssX
- Brian May: Me and my animal passions | From the Guardian http://t.co/1CxVc7vf
- “Looking to Mexico for Alternative to Abortion Clinics” http://t.co/zukKI39q
- “Laws Revive ‘World Before Roe’ as Abortions Require Arduous Trek” http://t.co/cyFZ1sZ4
- “Cherokee Nation Chief Demands Apology From Scott Brown Campaign” http://t.co/nuMbKepI
- “Romney is perhaps best known for being a clown and a humanitarian, … an LSD-fueled comedian.” http://t.co/8TaXOeJd aka Wavy Gravy
Also, I’ve created an IFTTT.com recipe which works as follows:
- new Delicious post is created
- if I use the tag “link”, then a new WordPress post is created with the snippet, with a link to the original URL.
- Cons – limit to 999 characters, limited HTML formatting, doesn’t include an image, and doesn’t allow me to frame the quote or react to it, unless I do it later.
I just tested, and I can edit the Delicious post later to add the magic trigger word, “blog” as a tag, and posts still are generated, even if they existed first a while ago. Pretty nifty.
In general, the limit of ten new mini-posts in a day won’t be an issue, as most days I am not reading in front of my computer that many hours. So, turns out I don’t need Twitter after all.Footnotes: